How do I get paid for my online work?
I always tell people that making money online does not need to be a pipe dream. It is an achievable goal. Millions of people make money online every day in different ways, be it having an online store, being an affiliate, doing freelance work and so much more.
One of the first questions people ask me when I talk about making money online is, ‘How will I get my money??’ After all, this is not a charity endeavour. We’re all trying to make money with this, money that we can actually use from day to day.
You want to be able to access your money regardless of where you are in the world, and I fully support that. There are multiple options available, but for now I will talk about the two that have worked well for me over the years.
Payoneer has been my absolute favourite for about 7 years now. You apply for it online, you can use it to send money to your USD account, you can get them to send you a card that you can use to swipe for goods charged in USD.
You also could simply use an ATM machine to withdraw hard cash. It took about a month for the card to be sent over to me. Their fees are quite reasonable, only $39 for a year of awesome service and quick responses from support.
Why do I love Payoneer so much?
- Opening your account is easy and FREE from anywhere in the world!
- To keep your account they will deduct $39 for a year of service
- Payments are always fast and secure, both locally and internationally
- Fees are much less than they are elsewhere, so it saves you money
- You can get paid in multiple currencies, AND it won’t cost you extra (USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, MXN, and other global currencies)
- You can easily move and withdraw your money from your local bank account or an ATM using your MasterCard
- You have access to customer care support all day every day, with multiple languages to choose from
- Payoneer is partnered with marketplaces like Airbnb, iStock, 99Designs, Upwork and more
- You could get capital cash investment for your business, should you qualify
- You get a $25 bonus if you sign up and get $1000 in your account! If you refer a friend and get them to do the same, both of you get rewarded.
To be honest, I haven’t yet encountered any problems with Payoneer. I’m in love! They have definitely made my quest to make money online and from home that much easier.
What can you do once you get paid?
- Withdraw the money to your local bank account and use your usual methods to get it out.
- Use your MasterCard to withdraw your money from an ATM or to swipe in shops
- Use your Payoneer account to pay for goods and services directly, or to pay other Payoneer account holders (this last one is FREE, hooray!)
- Grow your business by paying for services like Amazon Advertising using your Payoneer account
Is it safe to use Payoneer?
Payoneer is licensed and regulated in the USA, the EU, Hong Kong and Japan. It is one of the most secure platforms for online payments.
Should you choose to set up a Payoneer account, just follow this link and follow the on-screen prompts.
A large part of my work involves writing online for magazines and blogs that pay for content. If you write quality articles and blog posts, this is quite a viable way to make an income online. Most of these opportunities, however, only pay via PayPal.
A lot of them actually tell freelancers not to bother submitting work for consideration if they can’t get paid via PayPal.
There is no reason to miss out on this revenue just because you don’t have a PayPal account. It is ridiculously easy to open an account from the comfort of your home, or even on the go on your mobile phone. Follow this link to open your own individual or merchant account in minutes.
Why I love PayPal so much
- If you use PayPal to pay for goods that either don’t get shipped or are different from what the seller advertised, the service helps you to get your hard earned money back. What’s not to love?!
- With PayPal you can make payments using just your email address. There is absolutely no reason for you to put your private financial information on the internet.
- Payments can be even faster by using One Touch™ where you stay signed in and pay without entering your password. This service is always upfront for a minimal fee sometimes
- Using PayPal makes you eligible for Buyer Protection with certain purchases
- You can open your account for a whopping $0. Yes! It’s FREE! And your purchases can also come with super low fees unless your transaction requires currencies to be converted
If you are operating from a country that has been put under sanctions, then you may want to pass this one up. They will allow you to open an account, but then tell you that you can only make payments but cannot have anyone send money to your account. That’s rather frustrating.
Is it safe to use PayPal?
- PayPal has been around since 1998, and has over 325 million accounts globally, helping people around the world to make secure payments.
- Anyone can use PayPal to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, PayPal Smart Connect or account balances, without sharing financial information.
- The service is in over 200 countries, and gives you access to 25 global currencies.
It is, of course, up to you to do your research on how best to get your money to you based on your geographical location, but these two are what worked for me and I don’t hesitate to recommend them.
Now that you know how you will get paid for your online work, check out some reliable sources of online income here.